Are you looking for a way to reach out to people in a personal way online? With VideoAsk, you can record yourself asking a question, and send it to people who can respond in the same way. Read on to find out how to strike up a personalized video conversation.
To create your first videoask:
1. Sign in and click + New Videoask.
Now you’ll see two options:
Capture is for recording your own video and Library is for uploading a video from your computer or an online library.
2. Click Capture to record your own video. Recording yourself asking a question is a great way to make your interactions more human.
3. Optionally, toggle the +Notes switch to enable speaker notes for yourself.
4. Hit the big red Record button to start recording.
3, 2, 1… action!
You now have 60 seconds to ask your first question. Don’t worry though, you don’t have to be a one take wonder to get it right.
5. Click No to give it another go, or Yes if you’re ready to share your videoask with the world.
6. You can add some overlay text to your video:
People watching your videoask will see this text while playing your video. You can take a look at what the video will look like with the text in the preview area.
7. Leave the text field empty and click Skip or add your text and select Next step.
8. Choose how you want people to answer your question:
a. Click Open and toggle the switches to select how you want people to answer your question. You can let them choose between Video, Audio and Text, or only enable one or two of these options.
b. Click Choice to post your videoask as a multiple choice question.
Click +Add another choice to add more options. You can have up to ten choices, but multiple selection is not available.
c. Click Calendar to use our Calendly integration to set up a meeting.
All you have to do is create a free Calendly account here and paste your meeting link.
9. When you’re done, click Continue.
10. It’s time to customize your videoask. You can give it a title, choose to request contact details from your responders, select its language and customize its colors.
11. Hit Create when you feel like you’re ready to share your videoask with the world.